In this episode, we welcome Loredana Trandu, LPC, NASM. Loredana is Licensed Professional Counselor, yoga and meditation instructor, personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist. Loredana is also the owner of Transcend Mind Body Counseling in Fairfield, Connecticut. Loredana takes a holistic approach to wellness and psychotherapy, incorporating intuitive movement and nutrition to help her clients reconnect with their inner wisdom and let that guide them towards their healthiest selves. During this interview Loredana shares about her unique approach to counseling and wellness, as well as her own personal and spiritual journey from a professional athlete and business owner to a mind/body counselor.
Here are some highlights:
- Loredana shares how she uses her intuition in her work and life. [00:2:45]
- Loredana shares her experience going from being a professional athlete and personal trainer to the stars to developing her more spiritually oriented mind/body approach to counseling and wellness [00:04:00].
- We discussed the difference between pushing yourself “through the wall” to compete athletically and “getting into the zone” [00:07:30]
- We discuss when she first felt the call to transition from being a personal trainer to a mind/body counselor and the challenges she faced in making that switch [00:09:47]
- Loredana shared about her experiences walking the Camino del Santiago, and what she has learned about herself and life from these adventures. [00:14:33]
- Loredana tells us why she takes a holistic approach to counseling, weaving together counseling, meditation, yoga, nutrition and physical fitness to support her clients. [00:20:52]
- Loredana offers some tips for those who are interested in meditation, but have trouble settling down their bodies and stilling their minds. [24:00]
- Loredana explains why meditation can be especially difficult for people who have a history of trauma and how they can work through those challenges to begin to find the stillness in meditation. [00:26:00]
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously by Osho
The Way, a Netflix film about walking the Camino Del Santiago that inspired Loredana’s own journey
You can learn more about Loredana and her practice in Fairfield, Connecticut at http://www.transcendct.com/