In this episode, I am excited to share the magic of Kate Winch, who I had the opportunity of working with at a workshop I attended several years ago. Kate Winch is a transformational speaker, EFT expert, Qoya dance teacher, and intuitive counselor. Join us as she shares her journey and all about EFT (tapping) with us.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Negative emotions get stored in the body creating a disruption in our energy systems. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), aka “tapping,” works with the energy meridians allowing us to remove stuck energy and get the energy flowing again.
- Tapping is a simple and accessible technique that is really empowering because anyone can learn to do it. You simply tap on a series of meridian points, while repeating key phrases: starting with what you would like to release and ending with what you would like to experience instead.
- Tapping allows us to honor our feelings and love and accept ourselves exactly as we are without judgment. Tapping is also a quick and effective way to calm yourself down when triggered.
- Matrix Reimprinting is a deeper level of EFT that works with the energy of the inner child to help resolve childhood wounds and replace them with adult wisdom.
- Unresolved issues will bring up feelings of anxiety or tension in the body. When a past issue or trauma has been resolved, the memory will no longer trigger a strong emotional response.
- Kate leads us through a quick round of tapping. link below to some tapping video resources from Kate.
Connect with Kate Winch here:
Free Tapping Resources from Kate: http://katewinch.com/resources/
Book mentioned in this episode: Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead by Tosha Silver
Additional read: The Power of Focus: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing by Ann Weiser Cornell, Ph.D.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Resources and info for EMDR: https://www.emdria.org/