This episode is all about self-care and the value and importance of taking care of yourself. Self-care is really about learning to tune into your needs and desires and to discover what truly brings you joy. We also discuss some common confusions surrounding self-care, and some steps you can take to move forward in the amazing art of caring for yourself.
- Self-care is about honoring your needs. In order to do this, we need to learn to listen to those deeper longings rather than just doing what we think we are supposed to do.
- Self-care can look like anything from getting out in nature, getting a massage, taking a class, or spending some time doing nothing. What we desire can change from day to day and moment to moment. So the key is learning to listen.
- Many of us have been taught that being a “good person” means putting everyone else’s needs ahead of our own. When we consistently put our needs last, it can lead to resentment, illness, or burnout. When we truly and completely know how to honor and love ourselves, we create a beautiful flow of unconditional love, light, wisdom, and guidance that shines towards others.
- Messages we received in childhood can sometimes create resistance to caring for ourselves as adults. Take some time to sit with your inner child, listen to what they have to say, and let them know it’s OK and that they are safe to express and address their own needs and desires.
- We can learn to listen to our needs by taking a few minutes every day to tune in. You can place your hands on your belly and ask yourself ‘is there anything you’ve been wanting to do or experience that you’ve been shutting down.’ Ask yourself for a small or big action step to help satisfy those deeper longings. You might receive an image, a word, you may get the answer later in the day when you aren’t thinking about it. The important thing is to start getting into this habit and start to tune in developing a whole new relationship with yourself.
- On a spiritual level, we are all interconnected. When we learn to care for ourselves, we are spreading the love to others as well.
Connect and learn with me here:
On Clubhouse: @victoriashaw
If you’d like to read my recipe for Love Soup: https://victoriashawpsychotherapy.com/just-in-time-for-valentines-day-please-enjoy-my-recipe-for-love-soup
Episode is Live
Get episode better indexed by search engines.Add Chapter Markers
Listeners can tap through & see what’s coming up.Create a Visual Soundbite
Best way to share to social media for engagement.