There is a lot of talk in the spiritual community about the importance of ‘speaking your truth’. Speaking your truth is about honoring what is right for you without letting yourself get hung up on what other people think. It is not about proving that you are right or convincing someone else that they are wrong, but rather about tuning into your inner wisdom and rejecting the superfluous chatter of your ego. In this episode, we explore what it means to speak your truth and how to tell the difference between your own authentic wisdom and the voice of your ego.
- Speaking your truth is about honoring your own perspective and allowing the deeper wisdom of your soul to guide your self-expression. [2:10]
- Speaking your truth is something you do for yourself; it does not matter if other people share your perspective. [4:30]
- Speaking from your ego, on the other hand, is when you believe that your perspective is only valid if other people share it, or if you can convince everyone that you’re right. Whenever you feel strongly that other people need to share your perspective, you are likely acting from your ego and not from your highest self. [5:00]
- This egoistic “truth” usually involves judgment and shame: you believe something is wrong with the other person because they do not share your beliefs, or that something is wrong with you when other people have different opinions. [6:00]
- Sometimes speaking your truth means giving voice to your pains and confusions. You need to bear witness to all parts of yourself, and not just the one that fit your mental picture of how you “should” be. [7:10]
- It is not necessary to share your pain stories with those who have hurt you. Simply bearing witness to our own pains and perspectives is often enough to free ourselves from their weight. [11:35]
- The real truth is deeper than the stories we tell ourselves about who is right and who is wrong. Sometimes we need to work through and process these stories to allow all of our feelings to seen and acknowledged — but upon deeper reflection, we often naturally discover that they do not represent the deeper truth of who we really are. [11:55]
Resources & Links:
If you would like to connect with other like-minded souls, take a deeper dive into the topics discussed in these episodes, or learn more about how to awaken to your own inner magnificence, please join us on in my new Facebook group: Intuitive Connection Community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Intuitiveconnectioncommunity
Are you ready to leverage the power of your inner wisdom?
Check out, my self-paced, online course, Activating Your Intuition, to learn how to tap into your own intuition: https://victoriashawintuitive.com/courses/activating-your-intuition/
Want to learn more about my work, or suggest a topic for a future episode?
Go to https://victoriashawintuitive.com
For daily inspiration & intuitive messages follow me on Instagram