Seeing others in pain can naturally bring out our desire to soothe and to care for them. In this episode, we explore the difference between empathy and sympathy and how we can support others through their life’s challenges without disempowering them.
- The difference between seeing people in “the red” and in “the green”
- When we have sympathy for another person, we see them as broken and needing our help to be “fixed.” Empathy, on the other hand, sees the other person as powerful and complete.
- True “helping” and healing is reconnecting others with their own inner resources.
- When seeking support, it is important to find people who empower you.
- Every challenge we face is here to benefit the evolution of our soul.
- We are all conduits of the divine. When we support another person, we are acting in service to a higher power.
- When we look for sympathy instead of support we are disempowering ourselves.
- When we truly experience unconditional love we see ourselves and others as whole, complete and a spark of the divine.
Connect and learn with me here:
If you would like to connect with other like-minded souls, take a deeper dive into the topics discussed in these episodes, or learn more about how to awaken to your own inner magnificence, please join us in my Facebook group, Intuitive Connection Community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Intuitiveconnectioncommunity
Are you ready to take the next steps in awakening your intuition? Please enjoy and download a copy of my Free Activate Your Intuition Ebook: https://victoriashawintuitive.com/free-e-book/
If you would like to take a deeper dive into leveraging the power of your intuition, please check out my self-paced, online course, Activating Your Intuition at:
On Clubhouse: @victoriashaw